If you want your WordPress blog to succeed in the online world, you will need to do SEO (Search Engine Optimization). The field of SEO is huge and complex but don’t be discouraged! In this article, we will cover a list of SEO plugins for your WordPress blog that will help you get those sweet google rankings.
5. The SEO Framework WordPress plugin
This plugin is lightweight and easy to use. You get it for free with zero ads or upsells. It is built with site speed in mind for people who don’t spend a lot of time writing long articles. Being a lightweight plugin it doesn’t slow your website down which is awesome.
The SEO framework is a great plugin because of the flexible options you get for targeting specific keywords. The interface is simple with colored tabs that show you exactly what needs to be changed to optimize the content on your pages.
- Most of the SEO settings are preconfigured out of the box.
- A simple interface that is easy to use.
- Several powerful extensions (Free and premium)
- A different approach to SEO (instead of focusing on specific keywords, the plugin is more about the subject of your content. Read about this here
The SEO framework is pretty powerful and packed with useful features. On top of that, you can even get additional extensions including:
- Focus (Write laser-targeted content)
- Articles (Add important structured data to your content)
- Honeypot (Get rid of comment spammers)
- Cord (Helps you connect with 3rd party services like Google Analytics and Facebook pixel)
- Local (Set up important local business information for search engines)
- AMP (Create super fast AMP pages)
- Monitor (Keep track of your websites SEO and statistics)
- Incognito (Hide developer comments from the plugin)
- Origin (Redirect attachment-page visitors back to parent-pages)
- Title fix (Correct usage of the title input across all themes)
SEOPress is a simple SEO plugin with a lot of useful features. It is completely ad-free and very powerful. The plugin makes it super easy to change titles and meta descriptions on all page types across your WordPress website.
With SEOPress you can create XML- and HTML sitemaps which can be submitted to Google for faster indexing of your WordPress website. You also get control over how your pages are shown in Google search results and on social media platforms. The analysis tool also helps you create super optimized content that will rank well on Google.
- Zero ads or upsells,
- Simple install and interface,
- Control titles and meta descriptions,
- Generate XML and HTML sitemaps,
- Content analysis tool for SEO,
- Google Knowledge Graph,
- generate meta tags for Twitter and Facebook open graf,
- Google Analytics tracking tool
With the premium version of SEOPress, you get additional functionality including:
- Local SEO for business
- Breadcrumbs that are optimized for search engines and usability
- woocommerce optimizations
- Generate XML-sitemaps for Google News and video
- Google structured schemas for Articles, Reviews, Products, Local business, Events and more.
- Backlink integration with Majestic (3rd party API)
- Google page speed integration
- Monitor 404’s and create redirects
- Statistics from Google Analytics in your WordPress dashboard
This plugin is a very solid choice for people who are learning how to do SEO. It contains a complete package of useful tools and is very easy to use. SEO squirrly works a bit differently from other SEO plugins because the recommendations you get are based on the subject you are writing about instead of specific keywords. When you write your articles, a series of green dots are activated which indicates that you are doing the right thing. That way your content is optimized while creating it instead of having to edit it over and over again.
If you feel lost and need help with this plugin, you even get a slideshow tutorial in the backend which will walk you through all of the great features of the plugin.
- Competitor Analysis
- Content Management Dashboard
- Google Analytics Integration
- Keyword Research Tools
- Keyword Tracking
- Link Management
- Rank Tracking
- User Management
This is by far the most popular SEO plugin out there with more than 27.077 5-star reviews!… Yoast SEO plugin is frequently updated and is very easy to use. Furthermore, there are loads of resources to find, including a dedicated forum and blog on Yoast.com.
The Yoast plugin offers a premium upgrade that gives you some additional functionality. For instance, you get the option to optimize up to 5 words on each of your pages instead of 1. You can also edit how your pages are shown on different social media platforms among other features.
The premium Yoast upgrade does cost 69 USD for a single website which is pricy if you ask us. But the free version is good enough if you’re just getting started and want a solid SEO plugin.
- Enter keywords and see how well these are optimized on pages, posts, and products.
- Edit Google snippets (This is how your pages show up in search results). You can edit the title and meta description on all kinds of pages.
- Yoast performs an Automatic readability check on your page and gives you suggestions for optimization.
- The plugin registers double content on pages and posts.
- Loads of free resources online.
- Frequent plugin updates (every two weeks).
- In the premium version, you also get a redirect manager, Free support and other useful features.
This is our favorite WordPress SEO plugin and what we use daily here on 101Flamingo.com. It is packed with all the features you need to do SEO like a pro. Rank Math is also a lightweight plugin with zero ads which makes it even more awesome.
With Rank math, you get full control over SEO on all types of pages and taxonomies on your website. From the dashboard, you can edit general settings such as titles and metatags. You can also go over each page individually and edit these settings.
The plugin is integrated with Google Search Console, so you get valuable information about your traffic shown in your WordPress dashboard. It also comes with a built-in 404 monitor, XML sitemaps, Image SEO and much more!
- 404 monitor
- Contextual Help (tooltips, notices, help tabs, etc)
- Automated Image SEO
- Generate XML Sitemaps
- Rich Snippet Support for all taxonomies
- SEO Analysis Tool Based on 40 Factors
- Advanced Redirection Manager
- Highly Customizable Breadcrumbs
- Redirect Attachments to Their Parent
- Facebook and twitter Automatic Open Graph
- Google, Bing, Alexa, Yandex & Pinterest Verification Tool
- Focus Keyword and Content Analysis
- Control ROBOTS Meta On All Posts, Pages or Custom Post types
- Social Media Account Integration and much more!
SEO might seem boring or complicated. But it’s important to remember that doing it right will have a huge impact on your website traffic down the line. Using any of the plugins in this article will help you become an SEO expert in no time and get those high Google rankings.
- Do people Actually Click On Facebook Ads?
- How Much To Spend On Facebook Ads?
- Is It Good To Have A Broad Audience For Facebook Ads?
- Why Social Media Engagement is Important for Your Brand
- How to boost social media engagement